Cherry Tomato Confit
Make this super easy, delicious tomato sauce once, use it in three different ways throughout the week (you won’t get tired of it, promise). Serve it over pasta, over fish, as a substitute for prepared tomato sauce in just about anything, on hummus for dipping, or all by itself, warmed up with crusty warm bread.
Servings: 2 Cups (About 8 servings)
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp Course Kosher Salt
- A Few Generous Grinds Of Pepper
- 6-8 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2 Pints Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, destemmed, about 1 tbsp
Preheat oven to 325˚F. Whisk together olive oil, balsamic, thyme, and salt in a small bowl. Toss oil mixture together with garlic and tomatoes in a large pyrex baking dish. Bake for 45min to 1 hour until tomatoes are softened and caramelized.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freeze up to a month. Warm before serving.